The Y LIFT is a revolutionary cosmetic procedure in the treatment of aging skin. At Bay Dermatology in Tampa, we’re proud to be one of select clinics throughout the country to have earned the Y LIFT certification. Certified members of our skilled medical staff can perform this treatment to counteract signs of aging in the skin.
What is The Y LIFT?
The procedure is a patented “Closed Facelift” designed to restore volume loss in the skin that naturally occurs with age.
The Y LIFT was named with the idea in mind that youthful skin displays contours in the shape of a “Y”. One “Y” contour stretches over the eye and cheekbone area. The other “Y” covers the whole jawline. Both of these Y’s end in a point at the chin. As the skin ages, the arms of these Y’s start to sag and widen. This occurs from structural volume loss in bone and soft tissue.
It is designed to bring volume back to the skin to recreate the Y contours seen in youthful skin. This procedure is completely non-surgical and works to structurally volumize aging skin.
The Y LIFT can help:
- Lift and improve definition in the cheekbones
- Improve under-eye bags and hollowness
- Improve definition in the jawline
- Lift and improve definition in the upper neck
Steps of the Procedure
The procedure follows a 3-step process: lifting, filling, and sculpting.
- Step 1: Lifting – The muscles of the treatment area are lifted with a specialized blunt titanium instrument inserted underneath the skin and muscle.
- Step 2: Filling – FDA-approved hyaluronic acid fillers are injected into the treatment area. This keeps the muscle held in the newly lifted position. The filler is kept in place by muscular strength to reduce sagging and create a lifted appearance.
- Step 3: Sculpting – The face is sculpted for lifted, natural-looking results by hand.
- In addition to re-volumizing the skin, it improves the texture of the treated skin for a smoother look and feel. The facial features are also enhances facial features of a youthful appearance.
- The procedure is non-surgical, involves no incisions, and requires no downtime after treatment.
- It treats multiple areas of the face and neck for a natural-looking youthful appearance.
- Restored volume to the skin is apparent immediately, with full results visible after a few days.
- Results generally last for two to three years.
Y LIFT is a specialized cosmetic procedure that isn’t available at all clinics. We’re thrilled to offer this treatment option to our clients at Bay Dermatology. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the Y LIFT.