Summer means enjoying outdoor activities with family and friends. However, during such activities, one gets exposed to poisonous insects and sunlight that might lead to itchy and painful rashes. These rashes can curtail your summer fun and it’s imperative to avoid them. Fortunately, there are simple tips you can use to avoid these skin problems during summer. Your best Tampa dermatologist has compiled the top three summer skin problems and how to avoid them. Continue reading to learn more.
Summer Skin Problems:
1. Acne Breakouts
Acne breakouts occur when sweat mixes with bacteria and oils on your skin thus clogging your pores. If you have acne-prone skin, the following are important tips that you can use to avoid acne breakouts:
- Bloat sweat from your skin using a clean cloth or towel. Wiping sweat off can irritate your skin leading to a breakout.
- Use non-comedogenic skincare and makeup products since they don’t clog your pores.
2. Heat Rash
Result from blocked sweat glands since sweat can’t get out and thus builds up under your skin causing a rash and tiny itchy bumps, when the bumps burst to release sweat you will feel a painful sensation. The following are tips to avoid the risk by avoiding sweating profusely:
- Wear light and loose-fitting cotton clothes.
- Exercise outdoors during the coolest parts of the day.
- Try to keep your skin cool by using a fan or cool shower.
3. Dry Irritated Skin
It is caused by spending time in the pool, sun, and air conditioning. You can still have dry irritated skin when the air is hot and humid. Try these tips to avoid dry irritated skin:
- Apply sunscreen before going outdoors (use one offering broad spectrum protection, SPF 30+).
- Take Showers in Warm rather than hot water.
- Carry a moisturizer with you so you can apply it when you feel your skin is dry.
- Shower and shampoo immediately after getting out of the pool using fresh, clean water and mild cleanser.
Get Summer Skin Help from an Experienced Tampa Dermatologist
If you are from the Tampa area in Florida and you’re experiencing some of these summer skin problems you can visit Bay Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery. We have been voted three times in a row as Tampa’s number one dermatologist thanks to our board-certified dermatologist with over 30 years of experience. Contact us at (727)-585-8591.