Itchy, scaly, red or dry areas on your body may be a sign of a rash. Many rashes are harmless and may go away on their own. If the irritated area persists, it is important to seek medical attention, as some rashes can be a sign of a more serious condition.
What Causes Rashes?
- Autoimmune diseases
- Bacterial or fungal infections
- Viral or parasitic infections
When Should I Seek Medical Help for My Rash?
- When the rash covers your entire body or starts spreading quickly
- When you get a fever with the rash
- If the area seems infected
- If the rash becomes very painful
- When the area starts to blister
Treatment is available for all types of rashes infectious and non-infectious. During your office visit our team will assess your rash and its symptoms. We will then be able to come up with a treatment plan that best suits your needs.
The Experts at Bay Dermatology
Contact the experts at Bay Dermatology. Voted by the people of Tampa Bay as the number one dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons we are here to find the perfect treatment for you. We look forward to bringing out your confidence and the natural beauty of your skin.