Otolaryngology is the medical area surrounding ear, nose, and throat concerns. Medical specialists can choose to earn a board certification from the American Board of Otolaryngology. In cosmetic surgery, otolaryngology may involve plastic and reconstructive surgery of the head and neck areas.
At Bay Dermatology in Tampa, Dr. Jason Swerdloff, MD is a Board-Certified facial plastic surgeon. With a speciality in face and neck rejuvenation, Dr. Swerdloff is highly experienced and certified to perform procedures in otolaryngology. His Board Certification in the field shows immense accomplishment and a commitment to safety and excellence in care.
Board Certification in Otolaryngology
Board certification in otolaryngology began in 1924 with the establishment of the American Board of Otolaryngology. The certification is designed to illustrate expertise, as well the maintenance of that expertise, by medical professionals. This certification can instill confidence in the quality and reliability of services for patients.
It’s voluntary to earn a board certification to practice otolaryngology. The certification shows a remarkable dedication to the practice area and proves an exceptionally high level of skill.
To earn a board certification in, one must undergo:
- Residency training
- Certification exams
- Continuing Certification
Continuing Certification is a process devised in 2002 by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Formerly called “Maintenance of Certification”, this aspect of board certification makes sure that physicians stay at a high level of professionalism and quality in care.
Continuing Certification involves learning and assessment tasks given to physicians regularly. These tasks are designed to fit in with physicians’ regular work schedules to encourage constant skill maintenance and improvement.
Bay Dermatology offers a range of cosmetic procedures in otolaryngology from our Board-Certified physician, Dr. Swerdloff. These procedures include:
- Rhinoplasty: Commonly called a “nose job”, this is a cosmetic procedure to reshape the nose.
- Blepharoplasty: This procedure is designed to improve the appearance and/or function of the eyelids.
- Otoplasty: Also referred to as ear surgery, otoplasty reshapes ear cartilage for a more flattering appearance.
- Chin Implants: This procedure creates a more defined, youthful face shape by augmenting the chin.
- Skin Resurfacing: This includes procedures involving lasers, derma-abrasion, chemical peels, etc. to bring consistency and smoothness to the skin.
As a Board-Certified professional, Dr. Swerdloff at Bay Dermatology is a trusted name in surgical cosmetic procedures. For a consultation in plastic and reconstructive surgery for the head or neck, contact us today.