Internal Nose & Sinus Problems
Internal nose and sinus problems can range from temporary discomfort to chronic issues which could lead to vision problems and infections.
Dr. Swerdloff is Board Certified in Ear, Nose, and Throat Surgery in addition to Facial Plastic Surgery, and can address issues with nasal congestion and sinusitis including the latest endoscopic techniques. Many issues can be resolved with medical therapy, and others require a trip to an outpatient surgery center for optimal treatment.
Internal nasal procedures such as septoplasty, turbinoplasty, and sinus surgery can be combined with rhinoplasty (nasal reshaping surgery) or other procedures as needed or desired.
Signs and Symptoms
According to the Mayo Clinic, some common signs and symptoms of chronic sinusitis include:
- Nasal inflammation
- Thick, discolored discharge from the nose
- Drainage down the back of the throat (postnasal drainage)
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
Contact the Experts at Bay Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery
If you have any questions contact us today to schedule an appointment. We’ll find the right treatment plan for you.