Dr. David W. Dorton, DO, FAOCD, Board Certified
Co-director David W. Dorton is a board certified dermatologist who has been with Bay Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery since August 1995. He specializes in diseases of the skin, hair and nails and his areas of expertise include cancer surgery, various laser treatments, sclerotherapy, chemical peels, Botox and dermal fillers.
Dr. Dorton received his medical degree from Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine in North Miami Beach, Florida. He completed a rotating internship at Florida Hospital in Orlando and his residency in dermatology and dermatologic surgery at Gulf South Medical and Surgical Institute, New Orleans, Louisiana, where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Dorton has advanced training by the American Society for Mohs Surgery and has performed several thousand Mohs micrographic surgery cases.
Dr. Dorton has been published in multiple dermatology journals. He frequently lectures at local and national medical conferences and has also been featured on local television discussing dermatologic conditions and treatments. In addition, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor at NOVA Southeastern University, Department of Internal Medicine/Dermatology, which is affiliated with Largo Medical Center. He is active in training students, interns and residents in dermatology. On three separate occasions, Dr. Dorton was voted Dermatology Instructor of the Year by the Dermatology Residents.
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Florida Society of Dermatology
- Fellow of the Florida Society Of Dermatologic Surgery
- Florida West Coast Society of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society of Mohs Surgery
- Largo Medical Center, Largo
- Morton Plant Mease, Countryside/Dunedin
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine – Division of Dermatology, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Faculty, Dermatology Residency Program, Largo Medical Center, Florida