DO, FAODC, Board Certified
David Esguerra, Co-Director of Bay Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, P.A., is a board certified dermatologist specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of the skin, hair and nails. His practice involves numerous surgical and cosmetic procedures, laser surgery, skin cancer screening and cancer surgery, as well as general dermatology. In addition, he is highly skilled with the popular Botox and dermal fillers such as Juvèderm® and Restylane® injections. Dr. Esguerra received his Bachelor of Arts degree from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, in 1992 and received his Medical Degree with honors from the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine in Biddeford, Maine, in 1997.
Throughout his training, he was a member of Psi Sigma Alpha, the National Medical Honor Society, reserved for graduating physicians in the top ten percent of the nation. He completed a rotating internship and first year in internal medicine at St. Vincent Hospital in Worcester, Massachusetts, an affiliate of the University of Massachusetts, before training in dermatology at Largo Medical Center/Nova Southeastern University in Largo, Florida, where he is now a Clinical Instructor for the Dermatology Residency Program.
Dr. Esguerra served as a Co-Chief Resident in dermatology at Sun Coast Hospital where he lectured on a regular basis and also taught students, interns, and other residents. During this time he also made numerous presentations at national meetings across the country and contributed to local community education and skin cancer screenings. Currently, he is a Clinical Assistant Professor at Nova Southeastern University, Department of Internal Medicine/Dermatology where he continues to be active in training students and residents in dermatology. He is an affiliate member of The American Society for Mohs Surgery. Dr. Esguerra continues to travel nationwide to keep up with the latest innovations in the field of dermatology and cosmetic surgery.
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Association
- Florida West Coast Society of Dermatology
- Psi Sigma Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Largo Medical Center, Largo
- Morton Plant Mease
- Spring Hill Regional Hospital, Spring Hill
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine – Division of Dermatology, Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Clinical Faculty, Dermatology Residency Program, Largo Medical Center, Largo, Florida