Bay Dermatology offers Botox cosmetic procedures to help our clients reach their skincare goals. These treatments can provide many benefits for facial lines and signs of aging.
Read below for more about how Botox at Bay Dermatology in Florida can help you achieve youthful, glowing skin.
Botox is a well-known cosmetic treatment for moderate to severe facial lines that often develop with age. As a fast cosmetic procedure with little to no time for recovery, Bay Dermatology clients often turn to Botox as a top treatment for aging skin.
Facial lines can result from a number of factors. As we age, the amount of collagen in our skin lessens, which is one main factor in the development of wrinkles. Free radical damage from the sun’s harmful rays and environmental dangers can also result in facial lines. Simply repeatedly making facial expressions can cause frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet.
A Botox cosmetic procedure involves minimally invasive injections into the affected area. Benefits may start to appear one to two days after treatment and last for four months. Moderate to severe wrinkles may smooth over, resulting in a smoother, more even, and more youthful complexion.
We love that you can go right back to regular life after a treatment. Typically, patients can return to their normal activities within hours.
According to the Mayo Clinic, injections are used to treat conditions that affect how the body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye.
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exerting yourself.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Bladder dysfunction. Botox injections can also help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Eye twitching. Botox injections may help relieve contracture or twitching of muscles around the eye.
Risks With Botox
Again, according to the Mayo Clinic, Botox injections are relatively safe when performed by an experienced doctor. Possible side effects and complications include:
- Pain, swelling or bruising at the injection site
- Headache or flu-like symptoms
- Droopy eyelid or cockeyed eyebrows
- Crooked smile or drooling
- Eye dryness or excessive tearing
Although very unlikely, it’s possible for the toxin in the injection to spread in your body. Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these effects hours to weeks after receiving Botox:
- Muscle weakness
- Vision problems
- Trouble speaking or swallowing
- Breathing problems
- Loss of bladder control
Doctors generally recommend against using Botox when you’re pregnant or breast-feeding. Also, it should not be used in people who are allergic to cow’s milk protein.
Contact the Experts at Bay Dermatology
Botox is a cosmetic treatment that can work wonders for achieving smooth, full, and healthy-looking skin. Contact Bay Dermatology today to schedule a consultation and see if Botox could be right for you.